Despite my addiction to absolutely anything chocolate, I adore blondie brownies — even more so than your typical chocolate brownie. I came across this particular recipe on Cate’s World Kitchen, and it couldn’t be easier to whip up. Literally, six ingredients (with one of them, vanilla extract, optional) plus mix-ins — and they come together in one bowl. You don’t even need an electric mixer, a simple whisk should suffice.
These are definitely gooey and rich, but so delicious! They’re perfect with a glass of cool milk or ice cream instead of standing on their own. You can also substitute your own add-ins (toasted nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, cookie dough, etc.) for the perfect blondie.
(adapted from Cate’s World Kitchen)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pretzels, roughly chopped (you can also just break them with your hands)
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8″ pan with butter.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together in a bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and salt until combined.
- Add in any mix-ins, stirring until even.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle and golden brown on the top. (Don’t overbake blondies; they’re better gooey anyway!)
- Cool completely before cutting into squares to serve (I had 16 blondies from an 8×8″ pan).