Summertime brings to mind memories of camping out late, and making homemade s’mores around a campfire. How about bringing together all the awesomeness of s’mores in a cookie? They’re just as gooey and delicious, and just as easy to make — no bonfire required.
I started off with a basic graham cracker cookie recipe from allrecipies.com, but I tweaked it a little to accommodate the marshmallows and chocolate chunks.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, salt, baking soda and the cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet in about four separate parts. After the batter is well-mixed, fold in the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Place balls of the dough onto a cooking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.