What to do with all that left over rice? Make fried rice! How about Chinese take out at home?
I had a bunch of left over rice from the other night and, as I started to become hungry for lunch, I looked at it for awhile. Then it came to me: fried rice. This recipe is easy, flexible, fun, and not to mention tasty! I do however apologize about the photos. I only had my phone at the time and these pictures do not do the recipe justice! Trust me.
I only had 1 1/2 cups of left over rice to work with so these made two big servings, but it you have more don’t hesitate to double the recipe!
- 1-½ cups of cooked rice (any kind works!)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame sauce (optional)
- ½ cup of cooked corn
- ½ cup of cooked peas
- ½ cup of cooked carrots
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- 2 eggs
If you have bags of frozen vegetables that is perfectly okay too. I used a bag of frozen peas and a frozen bag of corn, so I cooked them both in the microwave. I also put the carrots and the onions in the microwave so they would have cooked a little before I added them to the fried rice. As I said earlier, this recipe is flexible so, if you want to use other vegetables, go ahead!
- Cook all vegetables.
- Turn the stove on to high and spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. (Butter or oil will also work).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk as if you were to make scrambled eggs.
- Put the eggs in the pan and scramble!
- Add vegetables, rice, soy sauce, and sesame sauce to the pan.
- Stir until everything is well incorporated and the rice is heated.
Eat and Enjoy!!!