Nothing beats an awesome brownie. When one of my friends sent me the link to these “Trashy Brownies” from Click and Eat, I knew I had to give them a try. Essentially, they are brownies, with a cookie dough layer at the bottom, then a layer of Oreos, then a layer of brownie on top. An absolutely heavenly and totally over-the-top combination.
Cookie Dough + Oreo Brownies
- 1 recipe chocolate chip cookie dough (follows)
- 1 package Oreos (you will use 16 for an 8×8 pan)
- 1 recipe brownie batter (follows)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Spray the paper.
- Make the cookie dough, then spread it in the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Place Oreo cookies on top of dough, pressing in slightly.
- Make brownies, and pour batter over top. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. The top will look done and cracked. Cool slightly.
Just a note: I ended up baking mine for a good five extra minutes, because the brownie batter wasn’t nearly cooked enough (and still wasn’t when I took them out). THIS IS FINE! They taste so much better with a layer of gooey brownie batter in between (see photo below).
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/3 c. butter, room temperature
- 1/3 c. vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and shortening with the sugars in a large bowl, scraping sides as needed to fully incorporate.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Measure flour by spooning into cups and leveling with a knife. Add to wet mixture along with salt and baking soda, and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil and sugar, then add the vanilla extract.
- Mix eggs in one at a time.
- With he mixer off, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients; mix well until fully combined and almost smooth. There will be some lumps.
Enjoy! These brownies are well worth the effort.