My mom keeps telling me I should be baking things that are healthier. She had a couple of friends over to our house the other night and asked me to make something. While these probably aren’t as healthy as Halie’s brownies they are good. I figured carrot cake cookies have carrots in them and that’s a vegetable!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed, finely grated, peeled carrots
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 3500F
- Whisk together butter, sugars, and egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, ginger, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar, butter, and egg mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in oats, carrots and golden raisins and combine.