My family went to our family friends house for a father’s day party and I was put on dessert duty. I have wanted to make chocolate cheesecake for a while and when I mentioned it to my dad his face lit up with joy. This recipe is taken from Emeril Lagasse who is my favorite food network star.
- 1 ½ cups of chocolate wafers
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ½ (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease the bottom of your 9-inch spring form pan.
- Crumble chocolate wafers
- In a bowl mix wafers, powdered sugar, and melted butter together.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan, this is your crust.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds until mixture is creamy.
- Add flour to mixture
- Melt chocolate and once the chocolate has come to room temperature add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add sour cream
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing on low
- Bake for 1 hour or until center is almost set.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Everyone at the party could not stop raving about this rich desert. I will definitely have to make it again!
PS: I apologize I forgot to take a picture of the whole cake before half of it was eaten!