My lacrosse team held a bake sale to raise money for epilepsy awareness. My whole team pitched in to support our amazing team captain, Lauren Wemple, in her effort to raise awareness. Instead of just making plain cookie cups I decided to put Reese’s on the bottom of the cookie cups. They were a hit! I would say they sold out within minutes!
Recipe for the Cookies:
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag of Reese’s
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix together.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Mix a half of the dry ingredients to the wet ones and repeat.
- Place a Reese’s at the bottom of the muffin cup.
- Place two tablespoons of cookie dough on top of the Reese’s.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden.