I made this cake during the summer and forgot to post it. One of my family friends said it was the best cake she had ever eaten. Personally, I would rather eat chocolate cake than blueberry cake, but whatever works! This cake is not extremely sweet, but it still shines through with flavor.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine flour mixture and egg mixture mixing on medium.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake for about an hour or until cake is firm and golden brown.
The sour cream is especially important because it gives the cake an airy creamy texture.