I would like to apologize for not keeping the blog updated. I cook all the time but always forget to post! I do however try to keep our instagram up to speed so, follow us @textbooksandteacakes! I made this pie a while ago, but decided to make it again recently because it is one of the ultimate comfort foods. I’m a sucker for comfort food. This pie is the best savory pie I have ever eaten. I promise you will fall in love with it.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 leek, peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot
- 1 Yukon gold potato diced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large chicken breast preferably rotisserie
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat oil over medium heat then add leeks cook until soft.
- Add carrots, potato, garlic, thyme, salt, zucchini, and pepper. Add any other veggies you like! Cook vegetables until tender.
- Separately shred the chicken that will be added to the vegetables later.
- Make the sauce by making a rue out of the butter and flour. Melt the butter and whisk in the flour until smooth. Add milk and continue whisking over medium heat until sauce is thick and creamy. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Combine sauce, chicken, and vegetables all together.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough on a sheet pan.
- Pour filling over the puff pastry.
- Line the outside with egg wash and put the second sheet of puff pastry over the filling.
- Crimp edges and cut an X on the top of the pie to let air out.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This pie is truly a crowd pleaser and a perfect warm winter recipe!