- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup bob’s red mill multi grain cereal
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the cereal and the buttermilk in a bowl.
- Let the cereal and buttermilk mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Then add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Once 10 minutes has elapsed add the milk mixture stirring until combined.
- Spoon into muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes.
These muffins are great, but I bet they would be even better if you added apples and honey or even raisins. Let me know if you find any great mix-ins!